July 18, 2013 by seriousbacon
The dish I’m showing today is a chocolate and peanut tart and It’s pretty badman! I’ll be giving you the recipe later, so you can try it out for yourself! This tart is a really easy one to make, once you have a sweet pastry case baked, all you have to do is melt the chocolate with the butter, whisk together the sugar and the eggs, then fold in the peanut butter, and its ready to bake! It will be ready in about 30 mintues!
This dessert is a real winner, We serve it with a side of clotted cream, strawberries and chocolate to garnish, to help add to the overall flavour of the dish, we also briefly heat it in the mic to soften the center almost turns it into a brownie, winner!
Here’s my secret recipe, I have no idea how i got it, but it looks like it’s been passed from chef to chef, it’s a bit precise but it works! Also don’t forget to use crunchy peanut butter, to give it a bit of texture and you know crunchy peanut butter is better anyway! Enjoy
Chocolate and Peanut Tart
112g Dark Chocolate
256g Caster Sugar
124g Plain flour
½ Jar peanut butter
- Melt the chocolate and the butter together over a bain marie.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until light and fluffy
- Fold the mixture into to the chocolate
- Sieve the flour into the mix and fold together
- Mix in the crunchy peanut butter to taste
- Bake at 180 for roughly 30 minutes